New pattern company (to me) - Itch to Stitch

Every year, Pattern Review publishes its annual "Best Patterns" of the previous year and in the 2018 edition, they included the Brasov Wrap Top pattern from a new to me independent pattern company, Itch to Stitch. The bit from the review that intrigued me was this: "This lovely wrap-style top can be worn tucked or untucked, and achieves the amazing feat of being both modest and sexy."

Plus, I do like a top that would look good under a jacket.

I have some really nice dark navy wool jersey (purchased at The Fabric Store in Sydney, Australia) and I think this top would be nice in a smooth wool jersey. But I tested the pattern first, in some rayon/lycra jersey from deep stash. This is the world's most disappointing type of fabric since it just doesn't wear well or for very long, but it's fun while it lasts.

Now, the pattern calls for a firmer knit than the rayon and warns that in rayon it will be bigger with more drape. When I basted the side seams the front did seem just too big overall so I took in the side seams. Now that I've reminded myself about this warning, I think I'll re-print the parts of the pattern that I then adjusted...

I do, however, think I will take some of the length away. It just seems way too long to be easily wearable.

I'll probably have to lose the lowest of the 5 waist tucks.

0 Comments